Mackie Plumbing & Gas Pty Ltd (ABN: 29 168 696 204) (Trading as Mackie Plumbing & Gas Pty Ltd)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We thank you for choosing Mackie Plumbing & Gas for your plumbing needs. If you have any queries and require an immediate response
please contact us on 1800 622 543.
In this Agreement, the following words have the following meanings:
- “Agreement” means these terms and conditions and any variation to or replacement of them;
- “Company” means Mackie Plumbing & Gas Pty Ltd (ABN: 29 168 696 204) (Trading as Mackie Plumbing & Gas Pty Ltd);
- “Customer” means the party who has executed this Agreement (other than the Company); this includes any other person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer.
- “Charges” means the cost of the Equipment, Parts or Works as agreed between Mackie Plumbing & Gas and the Customer
- “Site” means the address specified by the Customer for the performance of the Works;
- “Works” or “Services” means the repair works, or services performed by the Company for the Customer (or at the request or direction of the Customer);
2.1 Any instructions received by Mackie Plumbing & Gas from the Customer for the supply of labour, parts and Quotes and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Equipment/Services by Mackie Plumbing & Gas shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
2.2 Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customer’s shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Charges.
2.3 Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the manager of Mackie Plumbing & Gas.
2.4 It is deemed that the Customer has agreed to Mackie Plumbing & Gas’ rates, charges, terms & conditions on proceeding to order Services and Equipment from Mackie Plumbing & Gas.
3.1 The Customer must pay all charges on the same day of receipt of an invoice by Mackie Plumbing & Gas unless other arrangements have been agreed to in writing.
3.2 Payment may be made by cash, cheque, EFT/internet banking or by credit card. If paying by EFT or cheque remittance must be emailed to email@example.com on the day of payment to avoid any additional charges.
3.3 The Charges shall be increased by the amount of any GST and other taxes and duties which may be applicable, except where such taxes and duties are expressly included in any pricing given by Mackie Plumbing & Gas.
3.4 Mackie Plumbing and Gas reluctantly reserve the right to charge a $100 administration fee for any overdue invoices, any late payments on credit card will also incur up to 2% surcharge for Merchant fees.
3.5 If the Customer fails to pay the Invoice (or any part of the Invoice) within 30 days a $30 debt collector fee, plus any further charges incurred by The Company by undertaking a third party collection agency will be passed onto the customer.
4.1 Any notice, Invoice or document relating to the Agreement will be deemed to be served:
(a) on the second business day after the date on which it was posted – if sent by ordinary pre-paid post addressed to the Customer;
(b) on the day on which it was sent – if it is sent: (i) by email transmission before or during normal business hours on a business day (ii) by email transmission after normal business hours on a business day or on a day other than a business day.
5.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
5.2 The contract shall be governed by the law of the Australian State or territory in which the contract is made and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state or territory
5.3 Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
5.4 The Customer warrants that the Customer has the power to enter into this agreement and has obtained all necessary authorisations to allow the Customer to do so, the Customer is not insolvent or bankrupt and that this agreement creates binding and valid legal obligations on the Customer.
Hot Water Unit Installation Assumptions
1. All Hot Water Installation Quotes assume, unless otherwise indicated;
a) that gas supply to the existing system, or
b) that a 20mm supply to the newly installed system
2. All prices quoted are based on the existing HWU complying with Australian Gas and Plumbing Standards
3. Unless indicated, prices do not include installation of additional valves if required.
4. Any site visits for relighting the Pilot Light on Hot Water Units will incur a minimum charge of one hour labour.
5. Removal of existing units from premises is an additional $30 per unit for all replacements, collection of old system is done every Friday following the installation.
6. Mackie Plumbing have incorporated the STC discount into our pricing structure, and include it at the point of sale, so all STC rebates are payable to Mackie Plumbing & Gas. On completion of works MPG will request customers sign receipt of the installation and agree that the STC rebate has been awarded. In the absence of signing this form or refusal MPG will oncharge the rebate amount to the Customer at $1000.
7. Mackie Plumbing assume the current gas runs on the property are gas tight and the quote doesn’t allow for finding or repairing any gas leaks not on our work.
NB: The gas cock is a plumbing fitting/valve placed in the gas line which is used to control the flow of natural gas or propane through a pipe. The gas cock may be used to increase or decrease gas flow, though they are more commonly used to shut off gas completely. Hot Water Units must have a functioning gas isolation point to comply with Australian Gas Standards. This is a legal requirement and if required will be added to the quoted amount, unless it has already been included or specified.
Replacement Of Drainage And All Underground Works Assumptions
1. Mackie Plumbing and Gas guarantee all of their drainage work for a minimum of seven (7) years. Mpg can only guarantee drainage installed by us and don’t warrant any existing drainage unless specifically mentioned in the quote.
2. All Mackie Plumbing and Gas quotes requiring digging of any nature are made with the assumption that all of the soil being dug is of reasonable excavation matter, ie. Ease of excavation as required by hand digging with a shove. Quote doesn’t allow for root or rock bound soil, services in the ground making the quoted task more difficult than anticipated pre-excavation or anything in the ground which makes digging more difficult than what was originally anticipated when quoted. In the presence of any of the items mentioned above making excavation more intensive than anticipated Mackie Plumbing and Gas are entitled to charge their additional labour spent digging at their hourly rate and on-charge the use of any machinery or plant if required.
3. Unless indicated, the quote doesn’t include the removal of old earthenware pipe or PVC.
4. Whilst Mackie Plumbing and Gas will make their best endeavours to re-instate all performed excavation to its original state, we take no responsibility for any damage to fauna, plants, garden, grass, reticulation or solenoid wiring, or any unexpected damages caused by digging.
Toilet Installations Assumptions
1. Mackie Plumbing and Gas quote doesn’t allow for replacement of the Flexible hose, mini-stop and Chrome back plate unless specifically mentioned
1. Unless otherwise specified MPG assume customer supplied basins or sink will come with plug and waste. NOTE: MPG to be specifically notified in writing; email confirmation is sufficient. This however will change quoted amount.