Hot Water Unit Servicing
Depending on the hot water system most manufacturer’s recommend hot water servicing every two to three years.
Contact Mackie Plumbing to organise an obligation free quote for servicing your hot water system. We will provide all inclusive quotes for hot water servicing and hot water maintenance schedules.
Some of the signs your existing Hot Water System may require a service;
- Hot Water Leaks
- Discoloured hot water
- Rusty water
- Muddy or hot water with sediment
- Pilot light keeps going out
- Hot water system is making unusual sounds including popping, cracking or rasping
- Funny tasting, smelling or metallic water
- Hot water temperature fluctuations
- Decreased hot water pressure or fluctuating flow rate
- No water comes out of the pressure relief valve
Problems discovered by Mackie Hot Water service agents during servicing;
- Faulty thermocouples, igniters, thermostats and elements
- Pilot Light Outages
- Leaking and faulty hot water valves
- Illegal, non-compliant and incorrect install issues
- Incorrect or excessively high temperature settings, which leads to increased running costs
- Disproportionate water pressure adding stress on the cylinder
- Incorrect or undersized gas pressure settings
- Jammed relief valves causing leaks
- Flow rate issues caused by blocked strainers and filters
- Shower restrictor issues
Mackie Plumbing and Gas Hot Water Services
Contact Mackie Plumbing to undertake minor and major hot water services. Some of our hot water maintenance services include;
- Replacing the system’s sacrificial anode
- Replacing tempering valves
- Replacing pressure relief valves
- Checking correct operation of the gas, electric or solar control
- Gas Storage and Gas Electric Storage Hot Water Servicing
- Solar and Heat Pump Servicing
- Electric Hot Water Servicing
The pressure relief valve (PTR or PRV) is used to control or limit the pressure in a system, which essentially means it stops your hot water system from exploding. To test that the pressure relief valve is working properly, locate the valve and lift it up, if it is working as intended you should hear a hush of water rushing through the pipe. In the event you don’t hear this it is important to engage a licensed plumber to replace the valve and service the hot water unit.
Some areas in WA have ‘hard water,’hardness is a measure of the concentration of calcium and magnesium salts in water, which are dissolved as water moves through soil and rock and are unable to be removed by filtration. Hard water can seriously impact the longevity of hot water appliances in your property. To prevent scale build up on your hot water system it is recommended that you engage a plumber to regularly service your HWU.
In the event your hot water system is beyond repair or a safety issue our hot water specialists will provide you with replacement options.