A blocked grease trap can cause huge unforeseen problems for cafes, restaurants and commercial kitchens. Grease traps and pumps which fail to perform can cause inflated shut down times, health and safety risks and huge financial implications.
A correctly installed drain/greasetrap rely on naturally occurring bacteria to assist in the breakdown of waste for free flow, too much waste, poor maintenance and not enough bacteria disrupts the flow leading to blockages and inevitably bad smells. If you are experiencing slow drainage or lingering smells from your drains or greasetrap it is generally an indication of blockages starting to form. Ignoring these signs can lead to blockages all the way to your leachfield or greywater trench. Contact Mackie Plumbing if you have noticed slow draining traps or drains or if you have any concerns about the processes in place. We certainly recommend a proactive approach when it comes to your business rather than reactive and being hit with downtime and unforseen health, safety and financial costs.
Mackie Plumbing will happily clear your blockage on site and offer obligation free ongoing maintenance plans to help you plan and grow your business.
The Importance of Grease trap Maintenance;
Common business disruptions caused by poor grease trap maintenance;
- Blocked trade waste drains due to grease, oil and fat build up
- Blocked grease trap from solidified fat and grease
- Sewer overflow inside property
- Unpleasant odour
- Pump well systems failing due to increased pressure on pump impellers
The benefits of a Mackie Plumbing and Gas greasetrap maintenance system plan;
- Manages grease/fat build up which minimises the risk of emergency blockages
- Eliminates stagnant grease and fats which minimises offensive odours
- Reduces workplace incidents and safety hazards
- Maximises the longevity of the greasetrap system
- Eliminates unscheduled pump outs
- Managed by MPG to minimise disruption to your business and down time
For all your blocked drain, grease trap and pump station installs, maintenance and blockages contact the experts at Mackie Plumbing and Gas.